Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wrapping Up 2010

As I'm sure was the case in many households across the US this year, Toy Story dominated the Heebner family Christmas. As you can see by the expression on Jack's face, he is completely mesmerized by Woody. He's also got a major man crush on Buzz Lightyear... and now Anna's gotten in on the action with a Jessie doll. We even ended our Christmas Day by curling up on the couch and watching Toy Story 3 as a family. In other news, Jack got lots of toys he can throw, punch, smash, and otherwise destroy which is pretty much his main pass time these days. It's hard to believe that this was Jack's FIRST Christmas. This time last year I was pulling just about every trick in the book to try to deliver him before the new year... to no avail. He'll turn one on January 4th. I still can't believe a whole year has gone by. I had money on him walking by Christmas, but he shows absolutely no interest in the pedestrian arts. He's quite content with his speed crawling. He has redeemed himself, however, by mastering three words: Anna, Mama, and Dada (in that order). I think this is sort of backwards for a boy (don't they usually walk early and talk late?), but I'm secretly thankful because I imagine the number of destructive acts per day will increase exponentially once he's up on two legs. Meanwhile, Anna continues to be her thoughtful girl self, regularly taking it into her own hands to care for Jack (wiping his nose, reinserting pacifiers) and to teach him the ways of the world ("Jack, this is called an efelent on your sheets." (read: elephant). Anna was super busy at preschool this year, making enough Christmas parephenalia to overflow two underbed storage containers... but my favorite project was the wood block Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus pictured above. Anna quickly replaced the petite plastic Mary, Joseph and Jesus that came as part of our nativity set with these clunkers and really, who was I to argue? So anyways, I think that's about enough blabbing. I'll end with a couple pictures from the snow day yesterday. It took us 20 minutes to get all bundled up and then poor little chapped Jack only lasted seven minutes in the whipping wind. The upside is that they both napped for four hours, so I guess it paid off.

1 comment:

Jase and Melissa said...

I really love Anna's haircut and Jack just keeps getting cuter and cuter. (Excellent tastes in pjs, by the way). Happy New Year!