Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finally Up and Blogging Again

My apologies to everyone who has been waiting for me to update the blog with more Baby Jack material. The last time I blogged (a full month ago now) was just about the time when my dear little boy magically transformed from a sweet, sleepy newborn, to an unhappy, spit-uppy, sleep-shunning semi-nightmare.
At 5 weeks old, Jack is still having a hard time adjusting to the world, but the situation has improved in as much as I have accepted that I just may not get a good night's sleep (or a day off from laundry) for a few months.
I give Anna a lot of credit for taking all of this into stride. Being somewhat housebound and largely ignored (until that blessed hour when daddy gets home!) can't be easy, but she's plugging right along. She's doing a great job helping out with Jack -- still referring to him as "my sweet boy" -- and has instantly become a pro at entertaining herself for hours on end. Yeah for imagination!

3 comments:

Jase and Melissa said...

IT's amazing how much Jack looks like Anna. Why can't you get it together, Lar- Two kids isn't that big of a deal- Shower every 7 days is fine for special forces- should be for us too :)

The Hedden Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hedden Family said...

Jack seems way too adorable to be causing that kind of trouble! And every time I look at your blog, I think Anna can't get any cuter... and then you post a new one. By the way, I'm filing my formal complaint now. I keep thinking when I link to your blog every day looking for pictures that I'm going to get a message from my computer that says, "Are you dumb? Stop looking! There's no update!" Just kidding - believe me, I totally 100% understand! Thanks for the update!